Below are a few music tools that can be found online, all totally fun and free! Many of our young musicians at RES & SMS had a look at these in music class last week. Lots of fun stuff to play, explore, compose and learn about music this summer when you might be stuck indoors on a rainy day! Click on each image to give them a try!
1. Ujam – Record your voice, or an instrument and instantly create a backing track to accompany yourself! Plus much more to explore…
2. ToneMatrix – A grid sequencer of pitches… click around a create a melody!
3. ButtonBass – Do you like the electronic music called Dubstep? Check out this interactive instrument for arranging this style of music…so cool!
4. AudioTool – Do you like to tinker? Like turning knobs and flipping switches? This is an online music studio with endless sonic possibilities! Have Fun…
5. Incredibox – Our students saw this last year but they have a fresh version for some super fun a capella music creation!
6. Soundation – We’ve also played with this online music studio in the past. This year our 3rd & 4th graders made their own compositions with this amazing, all inclusive virtual music studio!
7. SphinxKids – A great site to learn about the elements of music, composers, music theory, and much more!